If you watched the Marvel series Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones on Netflix, then you have a certain expectation of greatness. Anything else coming afterward should not suck. Well, Iron Fist becomes the exception. It sucks…really bad. There was nothing to care about in the series – absolutely nothing about the main character Danny Rand, aka Iron Fist, that was likable or compelling. I wanted to punch him more than anything.
Slogging through the first 4 episodes was difficult, but I made it through to the end. What was most offensive to me throughout were the horrible fight scenes. Seriously, if the acting and plot are going to suck, then you best be putting effort into the fight choreography. But, not even that.
Don’t watch it if you don’t have to. I don’t know who’s going around saying that it’s good or that it gets better toward the end because they’re lying sacks of poo poo.
Some other links:
- ‘Iron Fist’ Creator: Whitewashing Controversy “Righteous Indignation”
- Meet Lewis Tan, the Asian-American Actor Who Could Have Been Iron Fist
- IRON FIST IS THE WORST PART OF MARVEL’S IRON FIST
- 6 problems that make Iron Fist so frustrating
- ‘Iron Fist’ actress rips comic book writer over racial term
This whole series is best summed up in this tweet:
When they say you need more experience vs. who they hire for the job pic.twitter.com/44o21938TP
— Matthew A. Cherry (@MatthewACherry) March 21, 2017